When it comes to your Homeowner’s Policy it is important to know what you can do to help cut costs on your premium. Here are a few things you may want to consider:
- Buy your home and auto policies from the same insurance company. This will get you a multi-policy discount.
- Keep your credit score in good standing.
- Increasing your deductible can result in savings; depending on how much you increase it by.
- If you have a newer roof on your home or an impact-resistant roof your insurance might give a discount.
- Installing smoke deters, alarm systems and fire extinguishers.
- Ask for other discounts: There are discounts for being retired, being married or widowed, for owning a portable generator, paying your premium in full etc.
These are few things you should talk to your agent about when getting a Homeowner’s policy for the first time or even if it is a renewal. It is always good to double check when it comes to your home that you are getting all the discounts you can. Protect your assets with the proper coverage; all insurance companies offer different types on discounts and the above may not be specific to your carrier.